Sunday, March 6, 2011

KidBlog Success

 
My class just started using Kidblog this week.  I was introduced to Kidblog from my Web 2.0 class with Jennifer Earl.  I have always been curious as to how my students would respond to having a blog of their own.  After much success with my classroom blog, I decided to give it a try!  Mr. Stephen Wolfe, a teacher in Alabama gave me the little nudge I needed to get going!  We just started this past Thursday.    My students were immediately excited to a have an opportunity to share their writing with the world!  I sent out a tweet to fellow teachers to please comment on the student blogs.  As of this moment, the students have received 138 comments from around the world!  We have also found other classes that we can reciprocate comments.  I am very hopeful that this wonderful inspiration and connection to others in our writing will continue for a long time.  I would definitely encourage you to give it a try!  The best part of all is that it is FREE!!  Take a moment to check out our kid blog. Our students would love your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment