Monday, June 20, 2011

An Amazing Year

     It is amazing to look back at all the wonderful things that my classroom accomplished this year!    My students had a passion for technology!  We started the year with a classroom blog, and found ourselves participating in World Read Aloud Day with international authors, participating in Mystery Skype with 13 states, creating a Voice Thread, collaborating over Edmodo and wikispaces through our FlatClassroom Project, as well as students finding their own voice on Kidblogs to a global audience!  The biggest challenge we had was the limited use of time that we were able to borrow the mobile labs.  We needed more access time! Our class was filled with learning and collaboration!  Each day the students inspired me to find a new tool, a new outlet to see our curriculum in a creative way!  We were very fortunate to be featured in the local paper twice this year for integrating technology.
    As a professional, I have also grown in so many ways.  Through the use of Twitter, my PLN has grown tremendously!  Twitter is a professional development tool that can happen at anytime of the day!  Throughout this year I have participated in a #4thchat on Monday evenings which allows me to connect with others on my grade level and share ideas!  This has also provided opportunities for collaborations with other 4th grade classrooms.   I have also had the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other educators throughout the world over Elluminate during the Flat Classroom project.   These are only a few examples of how my horizons in technology have expanded.  I continue to grow, collaborate and learn each day through the use of the many blogs I follow through my Google Reader.  The connections have sparked a fire in me to continue my passion and pursue my Masters in Educational Technology.
    I hope that I continue to enhance my professional development and grow as an educator through the use of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment