Saturday, June 25, 2011

My First Week of MAET Reflection


During this past week of the MAET program, I have learned a lot about my passion and dedication towards the applications of technology. It has been an intense, yet worthwhile experience. I have had the opportunity to extend my basic knowledge of the web 2.0 tools  that I  have previously learned.  This week wasn’t necessarily learning about the tools, but more about the opportunity to incorporate these tools and the applications of use in the classroom. One of my favorite experiences this week was learning about QR codes.   I have previously been exposed to QR codes. However, I had the opportunity to create one and see its purpose in the classroom. This week I created a QR code for my class website to include on my professional website.  Once I "tweeted" out my QR code on Twitter, I received feedback from another professional that had a google document as to how I can incorporate them into my classroom!  My PLN continues to amaze me!  
 This week was also my first experience learning about TPACK,which stands for Technology, Pedagogy, and Content Knowledge.  We watched a short clip about the idea of TPACK, and it has remained with me ever since. How can I as an educator provide that perfect culmination of content, pedagogy and technology into my classroom? My goal over the next few weeks of the MAET program is to extend my knowledge and application of TPACK for my classroom as well as my district.

No comments:

Post a Comment