Thursday, July 28, 2011

Professional Learning Plan

          I wanted to create a children's book about my Professional Learning Plan to share the basic essentials of my journey of the past six weeks, as well as my hopes for the future.  However, I also wanted to share more about the specifics.  As we know, there are so many ways to share the information!  Therefore, I also created a powerpoint my professional learning plan.
PLP
Can you tell I am thinking a lot about providing variety?  
      These past six weeks I have been submersed in the applications and principles of educational technology.   I am continually amazed at how much I have grown in just a short time.  I am very proud of the accomplishments I have made through the re-designed lesson plan, multi-genre website, copyright website, animal adaptations website, and the wicked presentation. My passion and love of technology has grown to a new level.  I look forward to the opportunity of sharing what I have learned with my district as well as hopefully other professional development opportunities.  I am also excited about the next classes in this program.    I hope in the future there is a need for more technology leaders because I am definitely up for the challenge to play an integral role in the applications of transforming schools towards 21st century learning.

9 comments:

  1. Looks great Kim. I love how you used the program, Story Bird because that was what I explored during the speed dating activity. It is such a great tool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I love the layout of the two tech tools you used to create your PGP. I think your enthusiasm for reaching students, using a variety of lessons, and being open and innovative are really catching. I love your goals; they seem manageable and really appropriate. Best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You continue to amaze me! It has been a joy to get to know you and to work with you over the last six weeks. I love the children's book, and yes, it is so you! Maybe you, Keith and I can present our PD website together at MACUL 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, thank you, Kim, for helping me along the way--you have definitely saved me on a couple different occasions! Your enthusiasm for technology, especially with iPads, is contagious :) I have no doubt that you will accomplish all of your goals that you have talked about. I would go to any conference where you were speaking about technology!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply amazing and amazing use of technology Kim. You continue to impress. Very well laid out goals and lovely presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, Loved the PowerPoint...I always like it when things are bulleted as it makes it easier to read and understand. I think that your goals and vision are not only accurate for you, but also very attainable. I enjoyed working with you in class and outside of class. I look forward to keeping in touch with you and working on other projects together soon. Thanks for the memories...Keith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim- I love your story book! I can relate to the feelings you felt in your journey. Kuddos for including a power point for the details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim I loved the book and your Power Point. This was a great example of the things you have learned and your journey this summer. Pam Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, we are similar in many ways. Except you always finish first on projects and I am always following the pack. But we both still finish the race! Your book mentions tools for the staff. I am doing that as I write this too. My staff will benefit from all those tools I learned from you and from class. Thank you. Looking forward to continuing with you in classes if that works out. -Greg

    ReplyDelete