Saturday, July 23, 2011

Tech. Leadership


     This year my passion for technology has sparked a role towards leadership.  As an individual I have taken steps toward advancement through attending MACUL, beginning my Master's program in Educational Technology, as well as extending my PLN through the use of web 2.0 tools such as Twitter.
      My classroom was also drawn towards technology this year, which allowed us to "raise the bar" on what can be done with technology at our school.  We participated in the Flat Classroom Project that provided a wonderful opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students and teachers throughout the world.  We also had the opportunity to connect with other classrooms via skype to extend our connections to the geography of the United States by playing "Mystery Skype".  Students also extended their writing capabilities through the use of Kidblog and Voicethread.  Our student technology projects were showcased at staff meetings, as well as the local newspaper.  Our classroom blog also became a great home/school opportunity for other parents to see exactly how our students were using technology in the classroom.
        All of this passion and enthusiasm for technology also provided the opportunity to be a part of the district Technology Committee, as well as the School Improvement Committee.   This allowed a chance to have a "voice" in how we approach technology and make it meaningful for students, as well as teachers. My passion for technology also provided inspiration to create a professional blog for our staff to connect, communicate, and share ideas on technology.  With all of our busy schedules, the blog provides a place to search, learn, and share whether you are at home or at school.
        Throughout my MAET course I have discovered so many wonderful tools that I look forward to sharing with others.  I hope as a tech. leader to ignite passion for technology in others by pulling them in to the wonderful potential of 21st century learning.  I hope to provide professional development on the use of TPACK and UDL principles that show how technology is used effectively and meets the needs of diverse learners.  I also look forward to the opportunity to share with other professionals through educational conferences and workshops.
     I am a learner that continues to have "aha" moments each day.  My love and passion for technology continues to expand and grow.  I am very excited about future and the potential leadership opportunities in educational technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment